Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Little Fun About Me...

As tempted as I was to share more pics of the kids, I thought I would play along with Frizzy and Cat, and share a little about myself. I'll have more pics of the kids to share soon:)

1. Are you ruled by the heart or the head? Definitely the heart...no doubt about it! But I do try to use my head once in awhile:)

2. What is the hardest thing you've ever had to do? Oooohhh...this is a tough one as there are so many tough things in life. Two things immediately came to mind and they are so completely different. The first one was when Ed and I moved back to Vegas after living in Italy. I wanted a dog so bad and went to get one from the local animal shelter. As it turned out, I should have done a little more research on a breed I wasn't familiar with, so I had to take the dog back because there were unpredictable aggression issues I just wasn't comfortable with. But despite that I HATED sending him back to his indefinite confinement at the shelter and still pray that someone with a better ability to train a dog like this took him home and loved him. I don't think I've ever cried so hard in my life as that day.
The other thing that came to mind was moving to Italy with Ed. Although it turned out to be the most wonderful experience, the adjustment was tough. I had quit my job, got married, moved to another country where I didn't know anyone and couldn't speak the language and initially didn't have a car to get around either. IT WAS TOUGH!

3. If you knew today was your last day on this earth, how would you spend it, with who, and why?
I would like to answer with something creative, like crossing off things on my "must do" life list (ex.hang gliding), but I know that wouldn't happen. I'm a worrier and have a serious problem with wanting to control things that just aren't "controlable". So I would probably cry and worry all day, instead of enjoying the time I did have. I would definitely want to be with my family, holding and loving them all.

4. Would you give your life to save someone elses?
I've always been scared of the idea of "death." I shouldn't be because of my faith. I know I will be someplace amazing after I'm done with my life here on earth, but my human mind just can't let go of having to leave everyone I love and everything familiar here on earth. But now I'm babbling. Now that I have kids...no doubt about it...I'd do anything for them and my husband.

5. Monopoly or Cluedo?
Neither. My husband and I are so competitive with each other that we can rarely play without an arguement:) But when we do, it's usually with other "mediators" and one of our favorites is Settlers of Catan, introduced to us by Ed's brother-in-law.

6. What's your fondest childhood memory?
I feel blessed to have had a very fun childhood, so I have many general memories rather than a specific one that I can think of. Riding my bike to the pool everyday in summer, building forts in the woods behind our house, spending time at my grandparents, camping with my family and friends, going through gradeschool with a class of 13 people, most of whom I really liked/loved, and several I still consider my closest friends...these are just a few that come to mind.

7. If you could have a super power, what would it be and why?
I have to totally agree with Frizzy on this one. The ability to LET THINGS GO!!! As I mentioned above, I worry about everything and wish I could control things I can't. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "there's nothing you can do about it so stop thinking about it" from my husband!

8. Do you color coordinate?
Sometimes. I seem to unknowingly color coodinate with my son a lot. I'll dress him only to realize that he is wearing the same color shirt that I am! But I am far from being on the pages of In Style! I wear what is comfortable and that is usually jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt, depending on the weather. I really wish I had some clothes that made me feel a bit more fun and sexy, but considering that I wear a lot of drool and spit up these days, maybe it's not the right time for that:)

9. Chocolate or vanilla?
Dark chocolate:)

10. Light sabre or blowtorch?
Hmmmmmmmm....I'd have to go with blowtorch because I'm definitely not a light sabre girl. But I generally leave these kinds of things in my husbands hands:)

Now if only I could find a picture of just me to go with this...all I seem to have is pictures of the kids these days!

3 comments:

Frizzy said...

I loved your answers and I can honestly say I wouldn't have expected any of them to be different. Cracks me up how much you and I continue to be the same. Miss you friend. What are you planning for Sam's big day next week? I can't believe NEVAEH IS 4 YEARS OLD TODAY! She's such a big girl!

Cameron said...

I love that your toughest things had nothing to do with being pregnant with twins or having twins with a very active big brother and not sleeping and and and.... :) It is also a testament to HOW TOUGH moving to Italy is... everyone from home kept talking to me like I should be so so so happy, like it was heaven. And I just felt like, "You know, I'm not on VACATION in Italy. I live here. I can't figure out how to buy gas and everything is closed whenever I need to buy anything and people laugh at me when I try to speak Italian. I haven't lived with my husband for a year and I don't really remember how. THIS IS HARD."

cat said...

Oh I love your answers! Thanks for doing it.