I am itching to get started with this idea...a goal of going through your home and decluttering by getting rid of 40 bags of "stuff" in 40 days. The idea revolves around giving up something for Lent...purging the unnecessary things we all have. You choose the size of the bag...just make it 40! I first saw this idea here last year (I absolutely LOVE this blog BTW...so many great thoughts as a mom and wonderful ideas). Lent starts on March 9th this year, but I am gearing up for it now so that I am ready to go.
I actually started this last year, believe it or not, and cleaned out Sam's room. Look how little the girls were! (part of the reason it was hard to stick with it at that time)
And look what I got rid of...most of it donated...
I don't like too much "stuff." It makes me feel unorganized in a big way. I hate it when I can't find something that I know is somewhere. But in reality...who needs so many "things?" So I'm going to try this challenge again this year. I can't wait to be decluttered!
2 comments:
I have been thinking how much happier we might be in this home if we had less stuff. I wonder what things I'll be able to part with. Yaya's so much like me. She holds on to everything with sentimental value.
I'm continually amazed at how alike we are-- is it the Gemini in us?
Post a Comment