Thursday, January 13, 2011

Rollercoaster

Oh what I wouldn't do to be doing THIS right now:
Doesn't he just look so comfortable? A day in bed with a good book to read sounds like heaven.

It's been a rough few days on the rollercoaster of this life role called "parenting." Just when we are coasting along, we hit a rough patch and everything goes downhill. It's so easy to blog and share pictures of all the many, many smiles and fun times, but the truth is, there are lots of hard times too (but it's never fun to dwell on those). These past few days have tested me. The girls have been very needy, Sam hasn't been getting much attention and therefore has been doing lots of things to get negative attention (and I'm sad to say he's received more than his share of negative attention from a very tired mom at the end of her rope)...and all spiraled to a point where I would go to bed at night feeling like a bad mom who made bad choices. That's hard to admit, but I know I'm not alone as a mom with that thought. Parenting is HARD! It's EXHAUSTING! I am my own worst critic. I take my job as Mom very seriously and love my kids to pieces. I want to be able to do it all...June Cleaver made it look so easy! Why can't it be that easy for me? So it's time to take a deep breath, re-evalute the situation, and move forward with a fresh perspective. Because once I remind myself that these days will pass (way too quickly in hindsight), and I will forever miss them when they do, it helps me refocus. I firmly believe in the choices I make for my children/family and hope that others can respect them, even if they disagree with them. Asking for your thoughts and prayers to give me a boost as this rollercoaster moves forward and upward:)

2 comments:

Frizzy said...

You are a WONDERFUL MOTHER! Of course we all feel that way sometimes. In all honesty we feel that way more times than we like to admit. I wish I could come over and help you out. I would scoop Sam or one of the girls up in a heartbeat and give them some 1 on 1 time so you can refocus and see all the great things you do for them. Take a deep breath, pray, take another deep breath and squeeze them all until they beg you to stop or as Yaya says, "Til their head feel like they'll pop off."

I love you!

cat said...

Yes, parenting is the hardest job in the world, hence I even have a tag on my blog - It's not easy being a parent.