I enjoyed a great day at the zoo today with my kiddos. Really...it was perfect. We've been trying to keep busy, because if we don't have a plan, I'm used to picking up the phone and calling Kate to see what her plan for the day is...and usually we would end up having an impromptu play date or otherwise we would figure something out to keep us all entertained. These first few days without them here have been tough...
Today we woke up with no plans, and I knew we needed to find an adventure. The weather was perfect, school is still in session, so I thought it would be a nice quiet day to head to the zoo. And it was. No crowds, no heat = no crabby kids:) We were there for over 4 hours...I couldn't believe it!
I think we saw almost everything at the zoo, including all of those animals inside the buildings too!
The girls walked...
and walked...
and walked...
Sam held his trusty map so he could show us where to go.
They were all so great. It was the kind of day/adventure I absolutely love to share with them. I'm realizing that this freedom to just pick up and go with them all will be coming to an end as Sam enters kindergarten next year. Sure, we'll still have lots of adventures, but it will be the start of a new stage. And as tiring as this stage can be with 3 little ones, it makes me kind of sad to think that these days are numbered.
Speaking of tiring...the zoo wore everyone out!
2 comments:
Wonderful memories and many more will be made before and after Sam starts school.
Awww. What a perfect day! Nothing better than a day at the zoo (and with no crowds!).
LOVE that last shot. I have a pic like that too. :)
Post a Comment