Friday, May 4, 2012

Sam and Ben...Ben and Sam

Good-bye's are never easy...See-you-later's are a bit better, as they give you something to look forward to.  Oh how we are going to miss this family!  Words cannot even say the void that will be left as they get on the plane and head to their new home in England (where they are from and where their family is).


Kate and I met in our local MOMS Club.  We were in the same playgroup.  Sam and Ben have known each other since they were about 9 months old.  Just look at these handsome little blond-haired, blue-eyed boys.

They both love cars and airplanes and throwing rocks in the water.
 
We have watched them become the best of friends these past 4 years.

They have so much fun together!

This week, I was able to spend a very special day with them...a day that will not soon be forgotten.  The boys had a field trip to a nature center with their class in the morning (to find tadpoles and other fun things in a pond).  The morning was perfect...sunny, warm, beautiful, and there were lots of tadpoles to be found!
Then we went to lunch...sat up on some tall chairs that were overlooking the busy traffic outside, and had a big cookie for dessert:)
Then I took the boys to a place filled with large bounce house type fun.  Slides and climbing and jumping and all the fun two little boys could imagine.  I watched with tears, knowing this precious time together was coming to an end.  But despite what I know will be a very difficult time for both Sam and I (adjusting to a new routine), I am so extremely thankful for the friendships we have been blessed with.  Our lives would not have been the same without them and we will do our best to maintain these friendships, because they are too precious to let go of.

We love you guys and you can expect to see us again:)  We will miss you so much and already look forward to planning a trip to see you in England!


No comments: