Thursday, August 28, 2014

New School Year

And they're back at it...the new school year has begun.  Sam started 2nd grade on Monday.  He's now taking the bus in the morning because the girls will be in afternoon preschool, so no need to run back and forth when they are usually still in bed when Sam's bus comes.  Getting the girls up and into the car to get Sam to school was not always fun last year, so we decided to give the bus a try this year.
Other than it making our mornings even earlier than they already were (since school starts at 7:30) it's going well so far.  It might even work that Ed can sit at the end of the driveway with him until his bus comes and then leave for work.  That would be nice if they could keep each other company for those few minutes:)
The girls started 4K on Wednesday.  I could hardly believe it that Emmeline was saying "I'm SO excited for school" while we were getting ready to go.  She is the one that has a harder time with transitions and struggled a bit last year.  But what a difference a year makes.  Mollie was ready to go too!  It helps that they are in the same classroom with the same awesome teacher too:)
So another summer ended and another school year begun.  My how the time flies!  Summer was great.  Other than not being able to swim as much as we would have liked, we really had a lot of fun.  And now we are looking forward to routines again and all that lies ahead.

2 comments:

Ele said...

I love the girl's outfits and of course their amazing smiles. Happy school year!

Kat said...

Wow! That is an early start time. Does he get out a bit earlier too? I can see why the girls would still be sleeping when his bus comes. Glad he has that option. I bet he loves taking the bus too. My boys love taking it home from school.
Your kiddos are looking so big! It happens so fast!
I hope you all have a wonderful school year!