Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day


We did a lot of work around the yard this weekend...pics to follow in another post. However, I wanted to make sure to take some time out to honor those who have served and are serving our country. We went to our local, small-town parade and stayed for a special Memorial Day ceremony following the parade. Maybe next year we'll head to the VA cemetary to view the much larger memorial event they have there each year.
This last picture cracks me up! I meant to get a better picture of the "Freedom is not Free" banner, but didn't catch it in time. However, I just noticed when posting it that everyone is wearing a sweatshirt or jacket, all except for the pregnant lady! I remember being warm a lot too when I was pregnant. Too funny! Hope you all enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend.

1 comment:

Frizzy said...

Just in case you missed it, I wished you a very happy birthday on your previous post as well as on FB. Love you and hope it's a great day. I'll call you and chat.