Here is one side of our yard between our small shed and the house that is filled with shade trees. A former owner had planted a row of hostas between the far trees. I'm really starting to like hostas and have big plans to fill in this entire shady area with hostas. I've seen similar hosta beds in yards around town and love it. But, it's a big project and will get done with time.

Here is Sam's play area. We have the swing in the tree and more recently a steering wheel that was added by Sam's Uncle Chris. Thanks Chris! He loves the steering wheel addition:) Behind the tree are our beloved Star Magnolia trees. Ed's mom has had them on her wish list of things to have in her yard, and we were all pleasantly surprised to see such big, beautiful Star Magnolias growing in our planter when we moved here!

Here is Sam's play area. We have the swing in the tree and more recently a steering wheel that was added by Sam's Uncle Chris. Thanks Chris! He loves the steering wheel addition:) Behind the tree are our beloved Star Magnolia trees. Ed's mom has had them on her wish list of things to have in her yard, and we were all pleasantly surprised to see such big, beautiful Star Magnolias growing in our planter when we moved here!
And next...ugh...the dreaded, weed-filled, world's largest planter! Love it, but since the previous owners mulched it without putting down any fabric barrier, we were left with a bed full of thistles and weeds. This past weekend, Ed and I begun to lay down a fabric barrier and remulch. Looks much beter already...boy is it a lot of work though. Think we'll sit back with a glass of wine and put our feet up when it is all done...and smile at the fact that there will be very little thistle/weed pulling in here this summer!

Before and after! Not done yet, but we have a good start! We even found a stray tulip bulb that came up this spring. I really want to plant a bunch of tulips...it's on the list, just haven't had time to devote to that yet. I was so glad to see this little guy make an appearance!
Here's Sam showing you what we accomplished in the planter this weekend. This area has been entirely re-mulched. I love these "Bleeding Hearts" plants. My grandma used to have them by her front door at her farm and they always make me think of her.
And check these flowers out! Wild Trilliums! Ed's mom first noticed these on the side of our garage last year. What a fun surprise! I was so excited to see them come up again this year:)
1 comment:
Yikes! Good boy Baci! Thrilled we only have snails, spiders, mosquito eaters, lady bugs and squirels in our yard. Snakes would put me over the edge! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers today. The class went well but boy was it an emotional day. I'm wiped out and so is Bird.
Post a Comment