Friday, May 28, 2010

Grandparents are a Blessing

We are truly blessed to have parents that are very involved in our kids lives. We lived away from our families for many years, and while we were younger and just married this allowed Ed and I to explore the world on our own and develop our own relationship with each other. When we found out I was pregnant with Sam, Ed started looking for a job back home close to our families. With many prayers, God's plan unfolded and everything fell into place for us to move back home. We have never looked back and feel so blessed to be so close to family.
When I see the smiles on my children's faces, I know that they feel very blessed to be forming so many special memories with their grandparents too.
They teach them so many things and give them unconditional love.
They always have fun things to do...sometimes things Mom and Dad wouldn't normally let them do. But that's what grandparents are for aren't they? I certainly remember eating many things at Grandma's house that I would never be allowed to have at home:)
And the help they provide in times of need is invaluable!Our children are also blessed to have two great-grandmas that also adore them. Truly a blessing!
Look at this 4 generation picture...all girls:)
We thank God for their presence in our lives every day. We are TRULY BLESSED!!!

2 comments:

Frizzy said...

AMEN to everything you said!

I miss you but now that we're close to my parents I see what you mean. There's nothing like the love and adoration between a grandchild and their grandparents.

cat said...

What a blessing! I wish I had my in-laws closer.