This is a favorite family summer activity of ours and I'm so thankful we were able to do this again this year...AND that the weather cooperated. We were there super early...like 6:45 am because Sam had T-ball pictures later in the morning we had to get to. But good thing we went when we did because it was already busy and when we left at 9 the line to get in was looooong and the line of traffic trying to get in the lot to park was crazy long. The tractor ride from the field to the farm is always exciting for the kids. There are many different types of trailers and it's always a guess to see what we are going to wind up on!
Breakfast was yummy as always. The best pancakes...so light and fluffy...I LOVE them. Pancakes along with eggs that had diced ham in them, applesauce and cheese curds! Your choice of milk and coffee if you want it. Did I mention that you can eat as many pancakes as you can stuff in?
Look at all of those pancakes! I should have taken a picture of the people making the scrambled eggs as that is a sight to see!
Milking a pretend cow...always amusing, but this one wasn't quite set up yet because we were so early. Sam couldn't figure out why it wasn't working!
Baby animals are always a hit. The kids LOVED the baby chicks and couldn't get enough of holding them. I have to say I did feel quite sorry for all of those chicks where were terrified from all of the handling and noise and people. But they stole the show!
And the ever-popular peddle tractors...
This is Sam's favorite thing to do and he can peddle away for a long time. He is actually saving money to buy his own peddle car and is quite determined! It's the first thing he has ever saved for and he has remained focused so far for several months!
Here is the lawnmower/barrel ride. This will be Sam's last year on here as he was probably the biggest kid and was beginning to look a little bored. I think he is ready for faster things:)
The girls survived their first barrel ride! Last year they went on but began crying halfway through their trip when they couldn't see Ed and I anymore. No crying this year (even though Emmeline was saying I'm done and want to get off by the end), and Mollie even whistled (her new talent!) the whole ride as you can see in this picture:)
Gotta love those Wisconsin cows!
The girls loved watching them eat.
We saw lots and lots of calves. Sam was even able to feed a brave one. Most were quite scared...but who wouldn't be if a bunch of loud people were suddenly walking around your little home.
And all of the kids enjoyed root beer floats on the car ride home.
What a treat after eating such a good breakfast.
But there is always room for ice cream!
It was a fun morning for all of us and we look forward to many more summer family activities!
1 comment:
I love this. I love the whole breakfast on the farm. We only did this once, but it was awesome. The kids loved it but I think my dad enjoyed it the most. ;)
Great pics!
Post a Comment