I just found this picture on my phone and had to share it:) I took this at the girls' 3-year well-care appointment back in March. They looked so grown up in these gowns, and it was a first for them, so I had to capture the moment.
On a side note, we are dealing with some sleep issues with Emmeline lately that we just aren't sure how to handle and are praying that it is just a phase that will pass. For 5 nights in a row she refused to go to bed. Screaming and crying for up to 2 hours after we would try to lay her down (thank goodness Mollie is able to block it out and has slept through all of it so far). I think it may have started after she had a dream that there was a bug on her pillow. She HATES bugs (not sure where she gets that fear from:)! But a couple of nights later she refused to go to sleep. She then didn't want to sleep in her bed so has decided to sleep on the floor for now, which is fine with us, as long as she finds someplace she is comfortable with to go to sleep. I have offered to move the beds together, but she wants to stay on the floor. There is a lamp in the room, so they have low light, but I have also given her a flashlight so that she can turn it on if she gets scared. She just keeps asking for more hugs and kisses and it is a tough situation to "parent" through because we don't want to create a dependency on us to be in the room for her to get to sleep. Tonight is the first night in 5 nights that she went to sleep after only coming out 1 time. I pray it is a start to the return to a more normal bedtime routine, because it has been tough. She doesn't need as much sleep as Mollie and has always been more of a night owl, but will usually sing or talk herself to sleep. But this change has us baffled and tired. We pray that she is able to resolve her fear/discomfort and feel safe so that bedtime can be a comfortable and not scary part of her day.
There is never a dull moment around here, I tell you!

1 comment:
Parenting. Just when you think things are going semi smoothly something else pops up, right? Never fails. ;)
I'm sure it is just a phase. Around three and four years old kids seem to become more aware of themselves and can usually remember bad dreams and stuff.
Hang in there!
Post a Comment