Sunday, June 2, 2013

School Is Out!

Sam's last day of school was on Friday.  He is officially finished with kindergarten and it is so hard to believe.  It feels like I was just dropping him off for his first day and now I've picked him up on his last day.  He has learned SO much and has become much more confident.  He has made a new best friend.  He loved his teacher and I am so grateful for her role in the wonderful school year that he had.

His last week of school was full of fun end-of-the-year activities, including a trip to the zoo, a family picnic lunch, and a birthday party at a bounce house place on the last day of school.  Sadly, something has happened with the camera card as I tried to download the pictures onto our (getting much too old) computer this morning and I lost all of these pictures.  I could just cry.  A picture of Sam with his teacher.  The BEST picture ever of Sam with his best buddy from kindergarten.  A picture of Sam with his hair buzzed...in honor of officially starting summer.  A picture of all 3 kids outside with water balloons yesterday, having so much fun.  Did I mention that I'm really sad that these images are gone?  They are still in my head, but I wish I could still see them because they were so precious.

So for today I decided to include a picture I took last week, on one of the few warm days we've had around here lately.  Sam had come home from school and they were all hot, so I put them in their swim suits and pulled out the hose and water table.  They loved it!  Hard to believe they were doing this when it was only in the high 50's today with a low of 40 overnight tonight.  It's been a crazy spring.

Tomorrow morning will be the start of summer for us around here.  I've been making a list of things to keep us busy and have created a daily schedule that I hope helps create a summer routine around here.  Routines help keep us all sane around here and I think having one will make a huge difference for our largely unstructured summer weeks ahead. 

1 comment:

Kat said...

OH NOOOOO!!!!! I would be heart broken about the pictures. I'm sorry. :(

However, I am completely jealous about school being done. We still have five and a half days. But who's counting? ;)