Wednesday, March 9, 2011

First Day of Lent - 40 Bags in 40 Days

Remember this post? Well, today marks the first day of Lent and my fingers are itching to start filling a few more bags! I'm excited to see how much I can go through and what I can eliminate. This is the blog where I first got the idea last year, but didn't have the time to follow through:) I just found this one too where she explains how it relates to Lent in her words.

For myself...I want to declutter! And I want to be more focused on the Lenten season. Ridding excess and focusing more on what is important. Not stuff or things...but finding a better way to not focus on material things. Sacrificing, giving up...I cannot even begin to give up what Jesus gave up for us, but at least this is a start to mentally focus on sacrificing.

So what are you doing just sitting there...go find a bag and fill it up!

2 comments:

Frizzy said...

So...have you gotten rid of clothes only or a few dishes too? I have some Pampered Chef stuff I've never used. I would prefer to sell it on Ebay than to just give it away. That stuff is so expensive and good quality. IF YOU USE IT! LOL

I'm proud of you!

Ele said...

How is this project going?