Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Day at the Museum

Yesterday my good friend Shellie and I had a girls' day at the museum. The Titanic exhibit is at our museum right now, so we enjoyed a tour of it. The relics and recreations of aspects of the ship were a bit eerie, but amazing at the same time. We were given a boarding pass upon entering the exhibit that had a name and story of one of the Titanic passengers. At the end of the tour, they had a book where you could check if your passenger was saved or sadly lost. I learned a few new things...okay, make that many new things about the Titanic and thoroughly enjoyed the tour.
Skeleton from a whale...pretty impressive!

The Butterfly Exhibit. This was fun to walk though. You could actually see the butterflies hatching in the picture below to the right.


The shrunken heads and dinosaur brawl were two favorites we remembered from grade school visits and had to go check them out!

4 comments:

Frizzy said...

Too fun! Did you go to the Titanic exhibit while it was in Vegas? It sounds like a similar tour though at the end your name was on a huge wall. It was under Survivors or Those Who Perished. Hope you all are doing well. I'll try to call this week.

Cameron said...

Fun! They have a butterfly exhibit here in D.C. but I went to the museum and saw that it is a teeny tiny room and the charge for it was too much so we didn't go inside. :( We were with guests so maybe someday I'll go back by myself with my camera. :)

Anonymous said...

I had a lot of fun! THANKS for not postuing the creepy grandma picture!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.