Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Party in St. Louis!

Ed and I decided to take advantage of the 3-day MLK weekend. We took a road trip to visit our good friends Dave and Nico who are stationed at Scott AFB, located near St. Louis. We first met Dave and Nico when we were stationed at Aviano AFB in Italy and became fast friends.

When we left Italy in the fall of 2005, their son Alex was 2 years old and Nico was pregnant with Emma. This weekend, we helped Emma celebrate her 3rd birthday! She is a true princess!


Sam enjoyed hangin' with the boys, doing all the things that boys do:)
Although he did check in on the girls once in awhile...

It was so fun seeing our kids together! I had to take this picture of Sam and Emma...look what a weed Sam is...he is 18 months and Emma is 3!

On Sunday evening, Ed's cousin Aaron and his wife Lauren came by for an evening visit. Aaron and Lauren live in St. Louis. It was great to get to spend a little time with them too! The kids just ate Lauren up:) Sam put on quite the show for them by just being goofy and giving them lots of smiles. Alex got her to play a few games with him and even got her to read him a few bedtime stories. Thanks Lauren!
Thank you Dave and Nico for hosting us! Thank you Alex for letting us borrow your bedroom! Thank you Emma for being my doctor and giving me medicine and for being my teacher and giving me painting lessons! We had a great time and can't wait to get together again! You guys all mean so much to us:)

2 comments:

Cameron said...

WOW! How fun! I didn't know they're in St. Louis, they look great! What a fun weekend for all of you. I can't believe Emma is THREE! Holy cow! Love all the photos, thanks for posting! Tell Dave and Nico we say hi! :)

Frizzy said...

I WISH I WAS CLOSE ENOUGH TO ST. LOUIS SO WE COULD HAVE SEEN YOU TOO! MISS YOU! Did An AMerican in Norway (Blogger) write you with questions about camping in Europe? She was going to.